Step 2: Forward Your Transcripts

Ask the registrar’s office at your previous college(s) to send an official transcript to or:

Electronic versions of your transcripts are strongly recommended. A separate official transcript must be received from each institution you previously attended.

If you have completed fewer than 24 credit hours at the time of application, ask your high school to send UB an official transcript. SAT or ACT results should be forwarded directly to UB from the testing agency. UB’s SAT code is 2925. Our ACT code is 2978.

Final Transcripts

If you currently have courses in progress, please ask the registrar of your college to send a final official transcript directly to the Office of Admissions as soon as the semester is completed. Be sure that any degree received is noted on the transcript. Your acceptance is provisional until final records are received.

Proof of High School Graduation

To verify that your final transcript and proof of high school graduation have been received, please call admissions processing at 716-645-6403. Please be aware that if you are filing for any type of state or federal aid, receipt of a final high school transcript or GED will be required before any funds can be disbursed to you.

Mail both to:

UB Grading System

We calculate an entry-level GPA for the purpose of determining admission to UB. This calculation includes all coursework attempted, using the UB grading system outlined on the chart below.

UB Grading System
Grade Grade Points
A 4.00
A- 3.67
B+ 3.33
B 3.00
B- 2.67
C+ 2.33
C 2.00
C- 1.67
D+ 1.33
D 1.00
F No grade points

For additional information, see UB’s grading policy in the Undergraduate Catalog. Quarter hours are multiplied by .67 to convert to credit hours. Other evaluation systems are treated on a case-by-case basis.

Last updated: July 20, 2018 11:35 am EST