Traveling to Buffalo and UB
Everything you want, close to everywhere.
By bus, train, car or air, UB is less than 90 minutes away from some of North America’s most exciting cities, including New York, Toronto, Boston, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. But first, you have to get here.
From I-90 (New York State Thruway), approaching Buffalo from either the east or the west, take I-290 West to Exit 5B (Millersport Highway, Rte. 263). For more detailed driving directions, see Directions and Maps.
Coordinates: 43.001, -78.790
Street address: Flint Entrance, Amherst, NY 14260
Air service to Buffalo is provided by most major airlines. The Buffalo Niagara International Airport, located in Cheektowaga, is only 15 minutes from UB. Read or print driving directions to UB from the airport.
Amtrak services the Buffalo region with two train stations:
- Downtown Buffalo at the Exchange Street Station. Visit Google Maps for instructions on getting from the Exchange Street Station to North Campus by bus.
- The suburb of Depew at the Depew Station. Visit Google Maps for instructions on getting from the Depew Station to North Campus by bus.
You may also use taxi service or a ride sharing through Uber or Lyft to get to North Campus.
Bus service to Buffalo is provided by:
- Greyhound: Station in Downtown Buffalo.
- Megabus: Stations in Downtown Buffalo and the Buffalo Niagara Airport.
- Trailways: Stations in Downtown Buffalo and the Buffalo Niagara Airport.
Once you arrive, you may get to North Campus by local bus service, taxi, or ride sharing.
Note: Free bus service is also provided between UB’s North and South campuses.
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority offers bus service throughout the region, as well as a rapid transit system connecting UB’s South Campus with downtown Buffalo.
Uber and Lyft are available throughout Western New York. To get to North Campus, use “University at Buffalo” as your destination.
Last updated: September 27, 2019 4:04 pm EST