Academic Support Services
Keeping you on track every step of the way.
Supporting you throughout your undergraduate career is how UB helps its students succeed. Our commitment to a student-centered culture is found in the many services and resources that encourage your academic and personal success at UB and your preparation for life after it. Our campus-wide network of advisors includes specialists in each of our eight schools and colleges and expert advisors dedicated to supporting students who explore alternative pathways and participate in experiential learning.
At UB, students receive personalized guidance with four-year academic plans, as well as access to an abundance of tools to keep you on track, including free tutoring, various support services, and the vast resources offered through the MyUB portal.
As an incoming student, you’ll be assigned an advisor before orientation who will help get you on the right path. Together, you’ll discuss class choices, course assignments, academic requirements, available majors, criteria for admission into special majors and more.
Here are some of our most helpful resources:
- Finish in 4 is how you stay on track to graduate in four years. Finish on time, or the rest is on us.
- The UB Libraries comprise eight locations, including the newly renovated Oscar A. Silverman Library, a vibrant, student-centered learning space.
- Career Services is where you develop your skills to pursue a rewarding career. Our expert advisors can help with resume writing, interview practice, choosing a career, job searching, getting internships, employer recruitment and more.
- University Life & Services shapes your UB experience outside the classroom.
- Tutoring services provides support for all students of all disciplines.
- Advising services gives assistance to undecided majors and intended prehealth and pre-law majors.
Last updated: September 21, 2017 4:46 pm EST