University at Buffalo Undergraduate Admissions is pleased to host campus visits geared toward groups of college-bound high school students. Group visits are a great way for a large volume of students to visit the campus at once. Please read through the guidelines and agenda below. If you’d like to arrange a group visit to campus, please contact Amanda Casali at 716-645-7752 or email@example.com.
Please take this opportunity to introduce your organization to the University at Buffalo! In order to best coordinate your visit to UB, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Advanced Scheduling: Please contact us at least two (2) weeks prior to your visit. We will do our best to accommodate your date request; however, due to campus events and staffing limitations, we may need to consider alternate dates.
- Come Prepared: Campus tours will include a substantial amount of walking. Please encourage all participants to wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Arrive on Time: Punctuality is important. Please realize that tour guides’ schedules are limited, so in the event of a late arrival, your tour may be modified or canceled if more than 20 minutes late.
- Group Size: We encourage groups of 50 or fewer. However, special consideration may be made for larger groups depending on tour guide and space availability. Please contact us at least three (3) weeks prior to your visit for groups larger than 50.
- Group Ratio: Please provide an adequate number of chaperones. We require every group to provide one adult chaperone for every 10-12 students. Chaperones need to be present at both the presentation and tour.
- Proper Behavior: We welcome your organization to our campus, but we ask that all participants show respect to the university and its students, faculty and staff.
- Cancellation Notice: If you find it necessary to cancel your visit, it is essential that you give at least three (3) days notice.
University at Buffalo offers this agenda to groups:
- University at Buffalo Information Session: Learn about our academic programs, facilities and student life, and see just what life in the UB community is like. The information session allow students to learn about applying to UB, living on campus, financial aid, scholarships and more.
- Walking Tour of North Campus: Led by a University at Buffalo student tour guide, the 90-minute walking tour of campus takes visitors in and around some of the most popular locations on campus, including the Student Union, athletic facilities, classroom space and more. The tour requires extensive walking, so students are encouraged to dress comfortably and to prepare in advance for seasonal weather conditions. Please note: If you or anyone in your party needs disability accommodations, please inform the Undergraduate Admissions Office when making the reservation.
Optional Dining Hall Meals
Students may purchase meals in the dining areas of the Student Union or in the Commons. Or groups may arrange for meal tickets by contacting Campus Dining and Shops.
- Chris Krywalski
- Office Manager
- Campus Dining & Shops
- Tel: 716-645-6444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: October 09, 2014 1:24 pm EST