Transferring to UB: Tips for Success
The tips that follow are from real UB transfer students. Follow the links to more information about everything UB has to offer.
- Time management is the key to success. View a Time Management Workshop online.
- Get involved! Interacting with others gives you a sense of belonging within the UB community. To find out more about getting involved in student groups and activities, visit the Student Affairs website.
- Remember that registration for the next semester is during the current semester. To keep up on registration dates and other important deadlines, bookmark the registrar’s website.
- Know what resources are available to you. UB has many resources and services available to help ensure your academic and personal success.
- Get to know your advisor. Advisors will help you stay on track for graduation. Learn more about advising at UB.
- Get to know your professors. They can be a great help, especially when you need recommendations for grad school or jobs. Learn more about UB’s renowned faculty.
- Make time for things you enjoy doing. You can use them as rewards for studying hard or completing an assignment. Learn more about entertainment and nightlife around UB.
- Plan now for your future. Check out the Career Services office for advice on the job search, interviewing skills, internships, and much more! Interested in graduate school? Investigate hundreds of master’s and doctoral programs at UB.
Last updated: January 13, 2015 9:38 am EST