Transferring to UB: Tips for Success
Real-life tips from the real-life experts.
If you’re curious about what it takes to be successful at your new school, your best bet is to ask the experts — students who were once in your position. Below are some tips from students who have transferred to UB. Follow the links to more information about everything UB has to offer.
- Time management is the key to success.
- Get involved! It will give you a sense of belonging within the UB community. To find out more about getting involved in student groups and activities, visit the Student Life website.
- Remember that registration for the next semester is during the current semester. To keep up on registration dates and other important deadlines, bookmark the registrar’s website.
- Know what resources are available to you. UB has many resources and services available to help ensure your academic and personal success.
- Get to know your advisor. Advisors will help you stay on track for graduation. Learn more about advising at UB.
- Get to know your professors. They can be a great help, especially when you need recommendations for grad school or jobs.
- Make time for things you enjoy doing. Reward yourself for studying hard or completing an assignment.
- Plan now for your future. Check out the Career Services office for advice on the job search, interviewing skills, internships, and much more.
Last updated: March 13, 2017 8:57 am EST