The University at Buffalo offers 20 Division I intercollegiate sports that compete at the highest level in the NCAA (with more than a few championships under our belt!). In fact, the past few seasons have been very good ones for the Bulls. Here are just a few highlights:
- Our football team won the Mid-American Conference championship in 2008 and has played in two bowl games (2009 International Bowl, 2013 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl).
- All-American linebacker Khalil Mack was the fifth overall pick of the Oakland Raiders at the 2014 NFL Draft.
- Coached by Bobby Hurley, the men’s basketball team won the Mid-American Conference East Division title in 2014.
- The UB women’s soccer team won the 2014 Mid-American Conference title and advanced to the NCAA tournament for the first time in school history.
- The men’s swimming and diving team won the MAC championship in 2011.
- The UB softball team won the MAC East Division and advanced to the MAC championship game for the first time in school history in 2014.
- Jonathan Jones finished fourth in the shot put at the USA Track and Field nationals in 2014.
- UB student-athletes have posted a collective grade point average of 3.0 or better for five straight semesters.
Alumni Arena, the second-largest on-campus basketball complex in the state, and the 29,013-seat UB Stadium are part of the athletic experience. And whether you want to compete, stay in shape, or root for the home team, UB has the teams, equipment and facilities to meet your sporting needs. Intramural and club sports in everything from basketball to badminton provide opportunities for friendly competition and fun.
Our extensive sports programs are supported by top-notch facilities like racquetball, squash, and tennis courts, swimming pools, state-of-the-art exercise and weight-training rooms, indoor and outdoor tracks, basketball courts and several playing fields.
Last updated: November 14, 2014 10:31 am EST