The University at Buffalo offers 20 Division I intercollegiate sports that compete at the highest level in the NCAA (with more than a few championships under our belt!). In fact, the past few seasons have been very good ones for the Bulls. Here are just a few highlights:
- The 2014-15 UB men’s basketball team, coached by Bobby Hurley, won the Mid-American Conference Tournament Championship and advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in school history.
- The UB women’s team earned its first-ever berth in the Women’s National Invitational Tournament in 2015.
- Our football team won the MAC championship in 2008 and has played in two bowl games (2009 International Bowl, 2013 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl).
- All-American linebacker Khalil Mack was the fifth overall pick of the Oakland Raiders at the 2014 NFL Draft.
- Two UB athletes (Mike Morgan, heptathlon; Jonathan Jones, shot put) earned First Team All-America honors at the 2015 NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships; UB finished 15th overall
- The UB women’s soccer team won the 2014 MAC title and advanced to the NCAA tournament for the first time in school history.
- The men’s basketball team won the MAC East Division title in 2014.
- The UB softball team won the MAC East Division and advanced to the MAC championship game for the first time in school history in 2014.
- Jonathan Jones finished fourth in the shot put at the USA Track and Field nationals in 2014.
- UB student-athletes have posted a collective grade point average of 3.0 or better for five straight semesters.
- The men’s swimming and diving team won the MAC championship in 2011.
Alumni Arena, the second-largest on-campus basketball complex in the state, and the 29,013-seat UB Stadium are part of the athletic experience. And whether you want to compete, stay in shape, or root for the home team, UB has the teams, equipment and facilities to meet your sporting needs. Intramural and club sports in everything from basketball to badminton provide opportunities for friendly competition and fun.
Our extensive sports programs are supported by top-notch facilities like racquetball, squash, and tennis courts, swimming pools, state-of-the-art exercise and weight-training rooms, indoor and outdoor tracks, basketball courts and several playing fields.
Last updated: August 17, 2016 12:41 pm EST