The University at Buffalo offers 20 Division I intercollegiate sports that compete at the highest level in the NCAA (with more than a few championships under our belt!). In fact, the past few seasons have been very good ones for the Bulls. Here are just a few highlights:
- Our football team fought their way to the 2008 Mid-American Conference (MAC) championship and a bowl appearance.
- Our 2008, 2009 and 2010 women’s rowing teams won the Dad Vail Regatta, North America’s largest collegiate rowing regatta.
- The men’s basketball team shared the 2009 MAC regular-season title and advanced to the MAC Championship game for the second time in five seasons. The program has won 18 or more games in five of the last seven seasons.
- The 2008 women’s tennis team became the first to represent UB at an NCAA national team championship tournament.
- Men’s tennis coach Lee Nickell was selected MAC Coach of the Year after leading the Bulls to their first regular-season league title and a spot in the conference championship match.
- Men’s swimming head coach Andy Bashor was named MAC Coach of the Year in back-to-back seasons.
- A total of 133 athletes (36 in 2008, 45 in 2009, 52 in 2010) were named to All-Mid-American Conference teams.
- A total of 96 athletes (36 in 2008, 33 in 2009, 27 in 2010) have been named to All-Academic teams for their individual sports by the Mid-American Conference or the Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association.
Alumni Arena, the second-largest on-campus basketball complex in the state, and the 29,013-seat UB Stadium are part of the athletic experience. And whether you want to compete, stay in shape, or root for the home team, UB has the teams, equipment and facilities to meet your sporting needs. Intramural and club sports in everything from basketball to badminton provide opportunities for friendly competition and fun.
Our extensive sports programs are supported by top-notch facilities like racquetball, squash, and tennis courts, swimming pools, state-of-the-art exercise and weight-training rooms, indoor and outdoor tracks, basketball courts and several playing fields.
Last updated: January 17, 2014 2:29 pm EST