Steps to Enroll
You are encouraged to make your enrollment and housing deposits online.
- Submit your $150 tuition deposit. You have until May 1 (fall semester) or Dec. 1 (spring semester), or 10 days after your acceptance (whichever is later), to pay your tuition deposit.
- Submit your $300 housing deposit. If you plan to live on campus, you must pay your online housing deposit. You are encouraged to make your deposit as soon as possible to assure your spot in campus housing. Housing assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis upon receipt of your tuition and housing deposits. Assignments are made once both items have been submitted, using the date of the last received item. The application deadline to submit a guaranteed housing application has passed. Students interested in on-campus housing may submit a waiting list application. Waiting list applicants are not guaranteed housing, but may be offered housing on a space-available basis.
- Fulfill New York State Public Health Law requirements. In accordance with New York State law, UB requires that all students (undergraduate, graduate, professional) born on or after Jan. 1, 1957, provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps and rubella. The state also requires that all students receive information about meningococcal disease and have made an informed decision about whether or not to receive immunization against meningococcal disease. UB students will not be allowed to register for classes until they have fulfilled these requirements. To learn more, visit the Student Health Services website.
- Remember to file for financial aid. We recommend you apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Attend our Orientation Program. Please visit the Orientation site for more information about this important step. Information about attending orientation will be sent to you once you have indicated your intent to enroll and paid your tuition deposit.